SalsaStar Program | Terms and Conditions
1. General Conditions
The aim of this document is to establish the General Terms and Conditions that define the characteristics and operating conditions of SALSA's loyalty programme, called “SalsaStar” (“Loyalty Programme”), for customers (“Customers” or “Customer”).
The Loyalty Programme is governed by the general conditions listed below, which Customers agree to when giving their consent.
SALSA reserves the right to check the Customer’s identity in compliance with the Loyalty Programme (making purchases, returns, accumulation of points, use of the associated benefits, etc).
The Loyalty Programme is free of charge and based on the accumulation of points (i) at the SALSA stores identified in Annex 1 and (ii) at the online SALSA store at www.salsajeans.com
Points are accumulated in the Customer’s account with the aim of receiving:
- discounts applicable to subsequent SALSA purchases made (i) at the SALSA stores identified in Annex 1 (excluding Outlet stores) or (ii) at the online SALSA store at www.salsajeans.com;
- additional benefits and exclusive campaigns.
By joining the Loyalty Programme, Customers consent to SALSA:
- Sending marketing communications by e-mail, telephone or physical mail with information on new products, campaigns and the Loyalty Programme itself;
- Collecting information regarding the use of our products and services;
- Carrying out individualised, automatic analyses of information and shopping profiles aimed at introducing the best campaigns and offers;
- Carrying out computer processing exclusively for Loyalty Programme management, including segmentation analyses and Customer management.
Customers may withdraw their consent at any time, at the Customer Area at www.salsajeans.com, at the SALSA stores identified in Annex 1 or by contacting Customer Support via firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer accounts are personal and non-transferable.
Notification will be sent on at least the following: (i) news about products, campaigns or promotions (ii) attribution of or reminders about Loyalty Programme benefits; (iii) changes in the Loyalty Programme level, (iv) proximity to expiration of Loyalty Programme points or (v) any other notification that directly or indirectly affects the development of the Loyalty Programme.
SALSA is not responsible for the consequences of any failure in communication with the Customer when this failure is due to inaccurate information provided by the Customer.
SALSA cannot guarantee the availability and continuity of the Loyalty Programme, particularly in the case of technical failure in the computer systems, servers or equipment, destruction of data by hackers or errors, or any other technical problems that may occur or other factors beyond the control of SALSA.
The Customer undertakes to:
- respect these Terms & Conditions of the Loyalty Programme;
- keep the data associated with their Customer account up-to-date, under the terms provided for in Point 2 on Ownership/Notifications.
SALSA undertakes to:
- respect these Terms & Conditions of the Loyalty Programme;
- keep all the points, discounts attributed and any other individualised Customer information regarding the Loyalty Programme up-to-date;
- notify Customers of interruptions to the operation of the Loyalty Programme when this is relevant and possible.
4. Operation of the Programme
- Joining the Loyalty Programme
The Loyalty Programme is aimed at individuals aged over 18. SALSA reserves the right to request that Customers supply a document proving their age.
Joining the Loyalty Programme is free of charge and can be done in two different ways:
- Attribution of Points
Customers are entitled to receive points as soon as they register with the Loyalty Programme.
As soon as they have registered with the Loyalty Programme, Customers can receive points as follows:
For each euro in purchases (i) at participating SALSA stores, identified in Annex 1, and (ii) at the online store www.salsajeans.com, one point is attributed.
The points cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
When making a purchase, Customers must ensure that their purchase is registered to their account. The points acquired for that purchase will be assigned to the Customer’s account within 24 hours of invoicing.
If Customers make a purchase as an unregistered Customer, the associated points cannot be credited to their account.
- Point Deduction
Loyalty Programme points can be deducted in the event of:
- Expiration: the points are valid for 18 months after the date of the purchase that gave rise to them. When these points expire, they are deducted from the Customer’s account;
- Return of the original purchase: when Customers return all or part of a purchase, the points awarded for the returned product(s) are deducted from the Customer's account.
- Assignment of level
A Loyalty Programme level will be assigned according to the number of points accumulated by the Customer. Each level has associated advantages, according to the table below:
- Silver: Levelassigned to Customers who have accumulated between 1 and 300 points. Customers who have been assigned this level are entitled to (i) an annual discount of 10% issued every 12 months, (ii) a discount of 10% issued annually on their birthday, as recorded in their Customer account, and (iii) access to campaigns and offers exclusive to Loyalty Programme Customers.
- Gold: Levelassigned to Customers who have accumulated between 301 and 900 points. Customers who have been assigned this level are entitled to (i) an annual discount of 10% issued every 6 months, (ii) a discount of 15% issued annually on their birthday, as recorded in their Customer account, and (iii) access to campaigns and offers exclusive to Loyalty Programme Customers.
- Diamond: Levelassigned to Customers who have accumulated between 901 and 2,700 points. Customers who have been assigned this level are entitled to (i) an annual discount of 10% issued every 4 months, (ii) a discount of 20% issued annually on their birthday, as recorded in their Customer account, (iii) access to campaigns and offers exclusive to Loyalty Programme Customers and (iv) free shipping at the online store at www.salsajeans.com.
- Premium: Levelassigned to Customers who have accumulated 2,701 points or more. Customers who have been assigned this level are entitled to (i) an annual discount of 10% issued every 3 months, (ii) a discount of 25% issued annually on their birthday, as recorded in their Customer account, (iii) access to campaigns and offers exclusive to Loyalty Programme Customers and (iv) free shipping at the online store at www.salsajeans.com.
Customers will always have access to campaigns and offers exclusive to Loyalty Programme Customers, even if there are no points in their account.
The Loyalty Programme level will always correspond to the number of accumulated points Customers have in their accounts.
SALSA will notify Customers of any change in the level attributed to them in accordance with the provisions of Point 2.
- Annual Discount
The 10% discount is attributed to Customers whenever they move to a higher Loyalty Programme level.
This discount will be attributed for the first time after Customers make their first purchase. It will be attributed recurrently according to the Customer's level:
- Silver - every 12 months
- Gold - every 6 months
- Diamond - every 4 months
- Premium - every 3 months
Customers may have more than one valid active annual discount associated with their account, provided they have not expired or been used.
This annual discount is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
If Customers are assigned a Loyalty Programme level lower than their current one, the new annual discount will be issued at the frequency associated with that new level, counting from the date they moved to a lower level on the Loyalty Programme.
The conditions of use of discounts in point (g) apply.
- Birthday Discount
The birthday discount is attributed to Customers if they have added a valid birth date to their account and they have been attributed more than 0 points in the Loyalty Programme.
This discount is issued 15 days before the birth date registered on the Customer's account and is valid for 1 month.
If Customers change the birth date associated with their account and they have already received their birthday discount during the calendar year when the change was made, the birthday discount corresponding to the new date will be attributed the following calendar year.
The conditions of use of discounts in point (g) apply.
- General discount conditions
The Loyalty Programme discounts cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
Whenever Customers are attributed a Loyalty Programme discount, they are notified of this by e-mail or SMS within 24 hours of issue, in accordance with the provisions of Point 2. This notification will also clearly state the validity of the discount.
SALSA has no obligation to re-issue, restore or extend the validity of discounts attributed.
Each discount issued may only be used once and applies to all the items in a single purchase. These discounts may not be used to purchase Gift Cards.
These discounts cannot be used with other campaigns, promotions or benefits of the Loyalty Programme, unless otherwise stated.
- Product Returns
If a purchase is returned, Customers must present proof of purchase and identify themselves as Loyalty Programme Customers.
Points accumulated by the Customer for that purchase will be deducted when it is returned.
If the Customer used a Loyalty Programme discount on the purchase being returned, a new discount will be issued for each product returned, of the same value or percentage as the original discount used. Each one of these discounts is valid for 1 month and applicable to one item only.
- Gift Cards
Loyalty Programme discounts may not be used to purchase Gift Cards but they can be used on purchases where one or more Gift Cards are used.
The points for the purchase value of Gift Cards will be attributed when those Gift Cards are used on a purchase and are attributed to the Loyalty Programme Customer making that purchase.
In the event of non-compliance by the Customer with these General Terms & Conditions, SALSA may proceed with the cancellation of that Customer’s account.
Cancellation of the Customer’s account will immediately imply the loss of all the rights associated with the Loyalty Programme.
SALSA reserves the right to cancel the Loyalty Programme at any time and without prior notice. Customers may use their active discounts up to the term of their validity.
6. Changes to Conditions
SALSA may change these Terms & Conditions and subsequently inform Customers of this, as provided for in Point 2.
7. Applicable Legislation
The resolution of any disputes arising from interpretation, integration, implementation and compliance with these Terms & Conditions is governed by Portuguese law and the competent courts shall be those of Braga District.
The use and protection of the Customer's personal data that SALSA is responsible for is in compliance with EU Regulation 2016/679.
ANNEX 1 – SALSA stores participating in the Loyalty Programme points attribution
Sales channels and locations where Loyalty Programme points are attributed according to purchases made, provided these are made in accordance with these general Terms & Conditions.
The Loyalty Programme channels do not include Department Stores like El Corte Inglés, Galeries Lafayette, Amazon, La Redoute, etc.
Portugal (including the islands)
Spain (including the Canary Islands)
All countries delivered to by www.salsajeans.com, except the United Arab Emirates